Keith Smith, MSc, IENG, FIET
Director at Smith Cross Consultancy Limited
Keith Smith is a highly dedicated and accomplished professional, with a Masters degree in Information Systems and a Fellow at the Institution of Engineering and Technology. Keith comes from a technical background with thirty one years experience in technology deployment, support and programme management (Prince 2) within the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS).
He has extensive experience of Closed Circuit Television, Automatic Number Plate Recognition, Electronic Security Systems and Audio Visual Technologies for security, surveillance and intelligence purposes.
Keith communicates well with key stakeholders, focusing on their needs, to reach a mutually satisfactory outcome and sustainable relationship.
Keith has a clear, logical mind with a practical approach to problem solving and a drive to see things through to completion. He is self-motivated, organised and capable of working under pressure. He tries to learn something new from every experience because he believes there is always room for self-improvement both personally and professionally.
Keith key strengths are adaptability, dependability and the determination to get the job done, as proven by my varied work experiences. Keith has well developed project management and IT skills combined with a flexible attitude to work.
- Project Manage the successful design and delivery of ICT systems (CCTV, ANPR, GIS and Control Rooms development) to the Olympic Park and 21 other venues across London, including venues in Surrey. This work contributed in making London 2012 Olympics the greatest Olympic and Paralympic Games ever” and with record crowds, numbers of broadcasters and athletes and countries taking part combined with record breaking performances from athletes and unprecedented media coverage.
- Project manage the design and delivery of early-warning CCTV and ANPR secure systems to detect and protect London against terrorist attacks following the bombing in London in 2007.
- Project manage the design and delivery of the mobile ANPR capabilities for London consisting of approximately 240 vehicles
- Project management of the UK police helicopters digital Video down linking trials and technology deployment from analogue to digital solutions for the MPS fleet.
- Managed and supported a number of high profile secure CCTV operations in London, events such as; Euro 96, the marriage and funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, the funeral of the Queen’s Mother (Operation Tay Bridge), enhanced security following the bombing of London in July 2007 and the London 2012 Olympics.
- Interpret the client brief for the all projects, develop project plans, identify risks and manage projects deliverables and scope using project management methodology (PRINCE 2).
- Executive member of the Metropolitan Police Service diversity board thereby ensuring full participation and representation on diversity matters, at the most senior level, within the MPS.
- Member of the board of trustees for the Black Police Association Charitable Trust overseeing the rollout of the youth engagement programme for BME youths across London.
|In recognition of an outstanding contribution to the delivery of the Information and Communication Technology supporting the London Olympic and Paralympic Games 2012||Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner -Olympics||Certificate||28th March 2013|
|For his efforts in supporting the response to the events of 7th and 21st July 2005, London Bombing||Directorate of Information||Certificate||September 2007|
|In recognition of leadership commitments and professional ability in the successful delivery of a training course on International Youth Leadership & Empowerment.||Metropolitan Black Police Association||Certificate||2005|
|For outstanding leadership, professionalism and dedications in conceiving, developing and delivering this inspirational leadership programme to the people of North Paddington||Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis||Certificate||24th May 2004|
|In recognition of enthusiasm, commitment and professional ability in the success delivering of instructions and training in a course of Leadership and Empowerment.||Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis||Certificate||3rd August 2001|
|For outstanding organisational ability, leadership and dedication to duty in providing specialist CCTV and service to support the policing operation for the Millennium Eve Celebrations in Greater London on the 31st December 1999.||Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner - Specialist Operations||Certificate||30th August 2000|
|For enthusiasm, dedication and professionalism in the development and operation of the Mobile Automatic Number Plate Recognition system in supporting the National Counter-Terrorism Strategy.||Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner - Specialist Operations||Certificate||12th November 1999|
|For outstanding leadership, dedication to duty and professionalism in ensuring that the necessary logistical facilities were available to support the entire policing operation connected with the death and funeral ceremony of Diana, Princess of Wales.||Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis||Certificate||26th January 1998|
|Awarded a practitioners Certificate in "Customer Focussed Consultancy Skills".||Management Resource Centre||Certificate||9th October 1998|